The noted bug and workaround in Issues Tab has been fixed in V1.4.1
(1.4 wasn't quite right: it had app name as wecharpwix in the PBSctipt)
This is a "Clickonce" installation.Read about the ClickOnce Life Cycle at CEDriverWizThe app runs from with Visual Studio 2012/13 when a Windows Embedded Compact 2013 OS project is loaded, as it uses this context to generate a Managed Code app.
Can also download the app from Downloads Tab:
- Once installed run the app from outside of Visual Studio once to generate a PBScript for it.
- Then in future run it from Tools-->Platform Builder-->Scripts Menus from within a Compact 2013 OS Project in Visual Studio 2012/2013
- Tools-->Platform Builder-->Show Scripts View
- Tools-->Platform Builder-->Configure Scripts
- Choose the required PBScript or create a new one
- Can then run it from there
- Tools-->Platform Builder-->Run Active Script
- Rerun the last selected PBScript.
- Note may need to click on the root of the OS project in Solution Explorer first.
- Then manually configure the PBScript.
- A sample is included.
- Place it in your My Documents\PBScripst folder.
- Or configure a new one from The Configure Scripts Menu of type:
- Run Shell Command in PB Environment
- Normally Clickonce apps will check the website for updates and an update accordingly when run.
- It seems that when run via a PBScript, this doesn't happen so need to periodically run it outside of VS to check if an update is required
- Always allow new PBScript to be created when so doing.
- Also if new PBScript created outside of VS whether manually or automatically, need to restart VS. It seems that the scripts are cached.